Owings Mills, MD Heating Installation & Replacement
Free Estimates for Heating Installations & Replacements in Baltimore County
Heating and air conditioning account for about 50 percent of the average home’s energy costs. Replacing an older heater can help keep your home more comfortable in the winter months and reduce your energy bills. Farnen & Dermer offers heating installation and replacement in Owings Mills and surrounding areas of Baltimore County.
Get in touch with us today at (410) 600-7964 for a free estimate for our heating installations and replacements.
When Should You Replace Your Furnace?
If you are experiencing issues with your home's furnace, it can be difficult to make the decision whether replacement or repair is the better option. We will always try to repair rather than replace when we can, but sometimes replacement ends up being the more economical option.
Signs it's time to replace your furnace:
- The unit is more than 10 years old - most furnaces typically last for around 15 years. If your furnace is more than a decade old, it might be time to upgrade to a newer, more energy efficient model.
- You have had to schedule more than one repair service - if you have already had to repair your furnace in the past, it is time to consider replacing it.
- The cost of repair is more than half the cost of replacement - if the damage to your furnace is so extensive that the cost of repair is more than 50% the cost of replacement, it makes more sense financially to opt for the replacement service.
We also provide routine maintenance services to help keep your new heating systems in top shape for longer!
Upgrade Your Heating System
There are several advantages to upgrading your heating system. A newer, more energy-efficient heating system can help improve home comfort, increase energy efficiency, and save money on your heating costs. Our technicians can assess your home heating needs to recommend the best heating system for your home and your budget.
We consider several factors when recommending heating systems, such as:
- Checking for any hot or cool zones in your house
- The returns and vents
- The size of your home
- Fuel availability and preference
Based on this information, we can recommend high-efficiency heating systems that will suit your needs, comfort level, and budget. We are happy to discuss the various options that are available and provide the information you need to compare the options and find the heating system that is most suited to your home.
Free Estimates & Financing Available
While upgrading your heating system is a major investment in your home, there are a few ways to offset the cost of the installation, including federal tax credits, utility rebates, and the money you will save on your monthly energy costs. We offer free estimates for heating installation and replacement in Owings Mills, MD and financing options are available.
- 10 Things You Need to Do Before Using Your Air Conditioning This Year
- 4 DIY Summer AC Repair Tips to Keep You Cool
- 5 Keys to Reducing Humidity Inside Your House
When you are ready to discuss your options for home heating installation, contact us for expert service at (410) 600-7964.
Heating Equipment for Every Home
There is no one size fits all solution to home heating. The age of the home, availability of fuel, heating requirements, and other factors should be considered when making decisions about heating installation and replacement. We offer a wide array of options for home heating to provide the ideal system for every customer.
Home heating systems fall into categories that include:
- Gas Furnaces: This forced air heating system is the most common of all types of heaters. The thermostat in the room sends an electrical signal to the furnace, which opens a valve to let in natural gas. The gas is lit, and a blower fan turns on, which forces the warm air from the furnace into the duct system to warm your home.
- Oil Furnaces: Oil furnaces work by mixing heating oil with air into a fine mist that is injected into the burner. The heated air can be distributed in three ways, including by hot water running through the baseboards, steam distributed through radiators, or vents.
- Heat Pumps: A heat pump is popular because it can warm your home in the winter and cool it in the summer. Heat pumps are powered by electricity and work by circulating heat from outside into the home. The system can be reversed in the summer to transfer heat from the house to the outdoors.
- Boilers: While most heating systems use air to distribute heat, a boiler uses water. The water can run through small pipes along a baseboard, cast iron radiators, or radiant floor systems. Steam boilers distribute steam through pipes to radiators to heat the house. Boilers can be powered by gas, oil, or electricity.
Regardless of the type of heating system that you choose for your home, we offer high-quality equipment from the best and most respected brands in the industry.
“Farnen & Dermer - Professional HVAC Technicians with quality HVAC components at reasonable costs.”- Kevin S.
“Farnen & Dermer were excellent people to work with from start to finish. They were professional and knowledgeable. They answered all of our questions (and we had A LOT of questions.) They provided the lowest estimate and best warranty among the other H”- Dan K.
“The Farnen & Dermer team did a great job installing our new HVAC unit. Jay was very helpful and answered all of my questions.”- Jen K.
“Charlie was absolutely wonderful! He was beyond courteous and friendly - easy to talk to! Determined the trouble promptly and explained everything - including a few tips to help keep our system in good shape.”- Jami L.
“Charlie is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. His expertise helped me to understand my system and feel comfortable with the boiler system in my house. He took the time to explain everything to me and walk me through checking my system.”- Steve H.
“Thank you for the quick install of my HVAC system. Everything went smoothly and the technicians were great.”- Britt F.