One of the easiest ways to keep your furnace functioning properly is to regularly change your furnace filter. This simple task takes just about 5 minutes to perform, but will greatly improve your furnace’s efficiency as well as the indoor air quality of your home. Conversely, a filthy filter will cause your furnace to work harder to keep your home at a comfortable temperature. And the harder your furnace works, the more money you pay and the more wear and tear your unit takes.
Performing simple maintenance on your furnace is crucial in not only prolonging its life, but also in ensuring that it works properly and efficiently. After all, the last thing you want or need is for your furnace to start acting up in the middle of winter.
Before winter begins, be sure to…
1. Call an HVAC professional to inspect your furnace and clean ducts.
2. Stock up on furnace filters.
3. Consider a Farnen and Dermer Maintenance Agreement.
A Farnen and Dermer Maintenance Agreement helps avoid breakdowns…Plus, it protects and prolongs the life of your equipment. As a Farnen and Dermer maintenance agreement customer, you always receive priority service!
Maintenance Services Include:
• Air Conditioner condenser coil will be tested for heat transfer loss.
• Blower wheels and fans will be inspected and cleaned to assure proper air delivery.
• Air Conditioner refrigerant will be checked for proper charge.
• Exposed duct work will be checked for leaks and proper insulation.
• Belts and pulleys will be inspected and adjusted as required.
• Thermostat(s) will be checked and calibrated as required.
• Air Conditioner motors and bearings will be lubricated as required.
• Controls and safeties will be tested.
• Condensate drain line and fittings will be checked and cleaned as required.
• Crankcase heater will be checked for proper operation.
• Relays and contacts will be inspected.
• Air Conditioner System wiring will be inspected.
• Economizer operation will be checked, where applicable.
• Temperatures and pressures will be checked.
• Evaporator coil will be inspected annually.
• Condenser coil(s) will be washed.
• Homeowner will be advised of any abnormal conditions or necessary repairs required.
If you have any questions, contact Farnen & Dermer by calling 410-902-0020 or click here today!
Nobody likes surprises, especially when it comes to money. At Farnen and Dermer, we treat our customers the way we like to be treated with upfront and honest information about repair costs.
We provide quality service all over Maryland, from Baltimore City and Baltimore County to Owings Mills, Reisterstown, and everywhere in between. Our professionally-trained staff is fully equipped to handle all of your HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system and comfort accessory questions.
Wintering Your Home About.com
Furnace Filters Overview BeginnersGuide.com